The my.belgium.be logo and name are being misused. Currently, a fake message is going around which appears to come from my.belgium.be. Don’t be fooled, because it is fake.
How can you recognise this message?
- The.be logo is incorrect, i.e. it’s distorted.
- You are addressed with ‘Dear’, followed by ‘your e-mail address’. The government does not do that.
- It can happen that you receive the message in French, while you are a Dutch speaker. The government does not do that either.
- The link used is mybelgium-be.ventapp.com, and this is certainly not a my.belgium.be domain.
What must you do if you receive such a message?
- Please read it carefully and if you think it is suspicious, forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Under no circumstances must you click the link or the little window.
- Delete the message.
Want to know more about suspicious messages?