What is QSnatch?
QSnatch is a malware infecting QNAP NAS devices. Currently it can prevent the QNAP device from updating and can steal usernames and passwords of all NAS users.
How can I remove QSnatch?
Should you suspect that your QNAP device is infected with a malware you are encouraged to install the latest version of Malware Remover as soon as possible by downloading it from the QTS App Center or from the company’s website and run a full scan of the device.
How to protect yourself from QSnatch?
To avoid attacks in the future we recommend the following steps below:
- Update QTS to the latest version.
- Install and update Security Counsellor to the latest version.
- Install and update Malware Remover to the latest version.
- Use a stronger admin password.
- Enable IP and account access protection to prevent brute force attacks.
- Disable SSH and Telnet connections if you are not using these services.
- Avoid using default port numbers 443 and 8080.